Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I get the password from NAV Corporate Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobberit

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2002
US
I have installed norton antivirus corporate edition and changed the administrator password I wrote it down and then some came into my office and cleaned it up "to be nice" im sure never the less my password got thrown away and I've forgotten it is there any way to get it back

You must call Symantec support (I have had to do it once before for this). They will have you run a utility located on your local drive, and then send them the output for decoding. I haven't checked on the web to see if there is another decoder... Chad Stiller, MCSE
Ramcom Technology
cds@ramcom.com

Are you sure you changed the default one? Try symantec (which is default) just in case.

Chad,
Thanks a lot will call them right away

if this helps....

Situation:

Customer has forgotten or misplaced password for server group.

Solution:

You need to have another server whose password is known, either an existing server group or a new server group using "symantec" as its password.

Navigate to the following key in the registry :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel\LANDesk\VirusProtect6\CurrentVersion\AddressCache\<NAV Server with known password>\ConsolePassword

Copy the value data into the clipboard.

Then, navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel\LANDesk\VirusProtect6\CurrentVersion\ConsolePassword

Modify the value and copy the known password string into the value.

The SSC console will now let you open the locked server group with the unknown password with the known password.

NOTE: The known password string will now also show up in ...\AddressCache\<NAV Server with unknown password>\ConsolePassword

Situation:

Customer has forgotten or misplaced password for server group.

Solution:

You need to have another server whose password is known, either an existing server group or a new server group using &quot;symantec&quot; as its password.

Navigate to the following key in the registry :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel\LANDesk\VirusProtect6\CurrentVersion\AddressCache\<NAV Server with known password>\ConsolePassword

Copy the value data into the clipboard.

Then, navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel\LANDesk\VirusProtect6\CurrentVersion\ConsolePassword

Modify the value and copy the known password string into the value.

The SSC console will now let you open the locked server group with the unknown password with the known password.

NOTE: The known password string will now also show up in ...\AddressCache\<NAV Server with unknown password>\ConsolePassword

cobber - I didn't mean call symantec, I meant that the password is usually the word symantec. Before guessing all sorts of other passwords, try that one...

the password is usually the word symantec_your PC name

example: symantec_DC

Hope that helps

Dave
dddtran@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back