Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I get the CDE Console Screen Back?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

100mbs

MIS
Feb 14, 2002
US
I came in this morning and I noticed the CDE console login screen has been closed out and now all I have is a command line login.

BUT, When I try to type my user name in, it just prints out garbage on the screen. I can't login on the console.

I can telnet in the server with no problem.

How do I get the CDE Login screen back????

Thanks in advance.

From your command line window, configure your CDE again with the help of /usr/openwin/bin/kdmconfig command.. and then stop and start the X. U shoud be done..

All the best - Hemant

I think some one disable the CDE, to enable the CDE just try

# /usr/dt/bin/dtconfig -e
iyo like to disable

# /usr/dt/bin/dtconfig -d

Farah regal
good luck
"think twice and hit enter once"

Hi thanks for the feedback.

I went to the path that Butterfly123 said but I don't see the kdmconfig command.

I tried the dtconfig -e also and that didn't work.

Anymore suggestions?

Thanks again.

Hi 100mbs,
Go to /etc/rc2.d Stop S*dtlogin & then start S*dtlogin.
it will solve the problem.

kdmconfig utility is also located in /usr/sbin folder.. Check out whether you have it there..

Otherwise, You can also try disabling it and then enabling X with dtconfig command, as suggested by FREGAL..

All the best!

Hemant - Hemant

kdmconfig is only available in x86 Solaris version.

cheers -

Thanks "ajazp" That fixed the problem. And thanks for everyone elses suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back