Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I get rid of this error in SBS2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mshen

Technical User
May 29, 2001
AU
here is the error in the SBS2003

This is an SMTP protocol log for virtual server ID 1, connection #45. The client at "192.168.2.1" sent a "rcpt" command, and the SMTP server responded with "550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for meter@ricoh.co.nz ". The full command sent was "rcpt TO:<meter@ricoh.co.nz>". This will probably cause the connection to fail.

there is a Ricoh MFC on their LAN. it was probably setup to send alerts to Ricoh. Now It has problems.

Even if I disconnected the server from the LAN, but this error still shows up in the log every 5 minutes.

How do I get rid of this error in the apps log.

any input welcome.

Mike

Choices are: allow that IP address to relay in the props of the SMTP connector, disable the alert on the ricoh or ignore the message.

I don't know ricoh printers, but Xerox ones allow you to specify the SMTP server to go through - that might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back