Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I get my Webcam and Firewall working together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocco408

Programmer
Jun 7, 2004
I recently purchased a "Creative" Webcam for my laptop which runs on a Windows XP OS. I often use Yahoo chat to comunicate with others and I would like to be able to have video and voice chatting capabilities on my computer. The only problem is I keep on getting this error message that says "You seem to be behind a firewall that doesn't allow the webcam feature". I've already gone to Yahoo's help site and enable my firewall to allow TCP connections to ports 5000 through 5100 like it suggested and still I'm getting the same error. I tried opening the camera application first then starting the webcam feature and I get a different message, "Webcam not found on your System", rather than the firewall error. If anyone has had this strange problem I'de like to hear from you, THANKS.

L.V.

Sounds like your problem is associated with XP. Try the XP forum here forum779

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back