Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I get my dropdown box value into RS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JH123

Technical User
Mar 26, 2001
US
My page uses asp and VBScript. I am retrieving all the columns from my table and displaying them in a table on my asp page. All the other coloumns are filled automatically by a previously created process. My asp page is going to add value to one column that I have recently added to the table. I am using a drop down box because the value will either be success or fail. I have the drop down box appearing on my page but I can't get the value to save to the database when it's changed. It also doesn't pull it's value from the database. I want it to save to the database onChange. I'm thinking I need to use a variable but I'm not sure exactly how to code it to get it to work.
This is what I have right now.

SQL = "select * from update_log_summary"

oRs.Open SQL

Do While Not oRs.EOF

Response.Write &quot;<td class=report>&quot; & trim(oRs.Fields(&quot;end_time&quot;))& &quot;</td>&quot; & vbcrlf
Response.Write &quot;<td class=report>&quot; & trim(oRs.Fields(&quot;load_time&quot;))& &quot;</td>&quot; & vbcrlf
Response.Write &quot;<td class=report>&quot; & trim(oRs.Fields(&quot;updates&quot;)) & &quot;</td>&quot; & vbcrlf

(I create the drop down box but it's not pulling oRS.Status yet)

Response.Write &quot;<td class=report><select id=selStatus name= selStatus><option value='successfull'> Successfull </option> <option value='failed'> Failed </option></td></select>&quot; & vbcrlf

oRs.MoveNext
Loop

I know I need another SQL statement to set status equal to the value of the drop down box. But I'm just not sure how to pass it the value. Thanks for your help.

Are you saying you don't know how to get the value of the selection in the selStatus drop down? If so, then it's selStatus.value

Do that help? Ladyhawk. [idea]
** ASP/VB/Java Programmer **

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back