Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how do I get Hyperterminal to send data to telnet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb0ogt

IS-IT--Management
Jul 20, 2001
US
I bought a Lucent Portmaster 3 off of Ebay for 150 bucks. A portmaster is a device that has 50 modems on it and has two ports for T-1 lines to be plugged in. They were used by ISP's for dialup.

anyway, i bought it to replace a crap load of modems we have that take nothing but incoming data calls. below is the email i got from one of the developers on a test to perform to see if it would actually work

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You might be able to set up a test with a PC and a modem to verify if it would work. Run an instance of Hyperterminal on the PC and use it to connect via the modem to the PortMaster. Have the PortMaster route the data to a Telnet session running on the same PC, or a different one. If the characters that are typed in on the Modem Hyperterminal session appear on the Telnet session and vice-versa, then there is a chance that we could make it work. It wouldn't necessarily be trivial, but it would be doable.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the portmaster setup and running in the lab, but i have no idea on how to do the test he is asking for.

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back