Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I get form results to be hyperlinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

squidly

Programmer
Jul 4, 2000
US
Is there a way to get the form results to display as hyperlinks.  I am working on a site for someone designed and maintained with FP who wants people to be able to leave a "clickable" URL in the guest book.  Is there any way to manipulate the results that the form returns to do this?

You might be able to edit the results page manually and make it like you want it.<br>I would start by looking at the results page. How is it generated. Can you open it in design view and see the HTML code. Try editing a result page after it has been created and see if you can make a Hyperlink &quot;clickable URL&quot; as you mentioned. Then you would need to mdoify the results page before the results are input so it would work. Here is HTML <br><br>syntax for that:<br>&lt;a href=&quot;manuals.htm&gt;<br>this will show the blue link with the hand.<br> <p>DougP<br><a href=mailto: dposton@universal1.com> dposton@universal1.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Ask me how Bar-codes can help you be more productive.

You can double click the field value and there is a box you can select to make it a hyperlink field. I hope this is what you mean.

Jerome

You can more easily do this if you use a cgi script for your guestbook than if you use a FP guestbook. I have a lot of guestbook (and other) scripts. I'm sure I have something you could use. Come chat with me about it and I'll give you more info. Find me at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back