Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I get a field for e-mail in database to Outlook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texsun50

Technical User
Jan 19, 2006
US
I have a database of customers that has name, address, phone number, etc. One of the fields is for their e-mail address. What I would like to do is pull e-mail addresses out of the database in order to send a newsletter to these individuals. Is there a way to send the e-mail addresses to outlook as a group or individually from the Access Database?

Looks like the easies thing to do is export to a tab or comma separated file and import it into Outlook.

OK, totally dysfunctional on that process. Could you tell me what to export to (excel, word, etc.) and how to set it up to import into Outlook? I appreciate your help!

I was suggesting you open a query or table that has the data you want in it and from the menu, select save as/Export. Save to an external file, save as type text or CSV. There may be a wizard that takes you through it. Then in outlook, from the file menu, turn around import/export data. Tell it to import data from text.

If you are just trying to an send e-mails to people, you might try doing a mail merge from Word and specifying the document type as e-mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back