Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I generate group policy reports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrtlprmbft

Technical User
Feb 18, 2003
DE
Hi all,

for documentation purposes I'd like to generate reports of my group policy settings; the only way I know up to now is to open gpedit and make screenshots (uargh!).

Does anyone know a method or tool how to do this?

I've tried hyena and active administrator, both claiming to include great group policy reporting functions; but they only open the gpedit.msc where I expect something like "export group policy settings of this OU".

I've ldap-searched active directory, but the GP-setings seem to not being represented as ldap-objects (??)

I'd tr yto write some VBscript for my purposes if I only knew where to look for the data.

Any help apprreciated.
Ingo

GPresult only shows, which group policies are being applied if I am logged in as user X on computer Y; what I want to know is what is being _configured_ in that group policy, e.g. "RunLogonScriptSync Yes or No" or whatever.

Greetings,
Ingo

OK, ...have you checked out Fazam 2000? It might be a bit closer to what you're looking for...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back