Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I generate bar code in VB 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

monchet

Programmer
Jan 13, 2000
PH
I need to convert numbers say 95131 to a bar code for printing. Is there a direct way in VB 6. I am new to VB and your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I am uncertain, but I know it would require graphics, there is a fellow on the forum, who sells Bar Code fonts for 45$, and also can get you in touch with what type of BarCode readers you need. I dont know the pattern off the top of my head. <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in , or have messed with : VC++, Borland C++ Builder, VJ++6(starting),VB-Dos, VB1 thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, Borland C++ 3(DOS), Borland C++ 4.5, HTML,Visual InterDev 6, ASP(WebProgramming), QBasic(least i didnt start with COBOL)

You need a barcode font or object.&nbsp;&nbsp;These must be specifically purchased, there are no 'default' barcodes that ship with windows.&nbsp;&nbsp;Then, depending on the author of the font or object, you write to it as you would a textbox, using a .value property or whatever the author calls it.&nbsp;&nbsp;Then instead of numbers or letters, you get bars.&nbsp;&nbsp;You'll also need to know what symbology you need, etc.&nbsp;&nbsp;There's a bit more to it than just bars...<br>--Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back