Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I generate a report to print specific labels

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaneox

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2002
IE
I am writing a small access database to handle a printing project. In brief, i will recieve a text file with an order quantity and a part number which I will import into my database. I will be printing the quantity of sheets specified and inserting them into tubes for posting.
Each tube will hold only 3 printed sheets. I have set up a report based on a query in order to print labels for each tube but I need a way of determining and controlling the amount of labels printed. eg if I get an order for 7 different sheets, I will need 3 labels. At the moment I am printing a label for every record within that order and would therefore print 7 labels. So, is there a way of grouping my data into threes, so I can determine how many labels to print. Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back