Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I generate a DB in Visio 2000???

Status
Not open for further replies.

airon

Programmer
Jun 21, 2001
US
Hello,
I am trying to genereate a MS Acees DB from Visio 2000 ERD.
I was told you can do this, but I can not figure out how.
Can anyone help?

Please & Thanks,
Airon

It is kinda complicate, and I just learn it in the class this week. Hope you can understand what I will say:

1. First make sure that you define the tables and relationship without error.
2. In the menu, choose database->generate. In the pop-up form, click the checkbox of "generate new database". Then click "Next"
3. Choose "Microsoft ACCESS" from the ComboBox of "installed Visio Driver". And click "New" by the "Data Source Name" text box.
4. In the pop-up window, choose "System Data Source", click "Next"
5. In the pop-up window, choose "Driver do microsoft access". Click "Next", and then click "finish"
6. Write a name to the "Data Source Name" as the name of ODBC, click "OK"
7. You will back to the "generate wizard" window. Click "next"
8. There will pop up a "Connect data source" form. You can ignore it and click "OK"
9. Then a familiar window will show and you can name you ACCESS database now.
10. Click "OK", then "next", You should know how to finish now.

Hi Oracler,
I am using a Visio Professional XP version. I don't see a Generate option under the Database menu option. In this case, how should I proceed ? Thank you...
RR

try:

TOOLS/EXPORT TO DATABASE
-or-
TOOLS/MACROS/VISIO EXTRAS/DATABASE EXPORT WIZARD

I don't think that you can do it without the $499 add-in Network Tools offered by Msft...

can i get trail version of visio for generating database diagram.
-senthil

download the .NET Enterprise Beta developer stuff - it comes with the plug-ins for generating db's

(requires Vision 2002/xp Prof.)

Have Fun.
munkyCmunkyDU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back