Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I freeze frame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallydrag

Technical User
Apr 19, 2003
US
I'd like to freeze frame in the middle of a clip then start it back up, kinda like they used to do in the old Dukes of Hazard is anyone knows what I'm talkinga bout. Using Premiere 6.

First, put the playbar over the frame you want to freeze, and cut it using the Razor tool. Then go to File>Export Timeline>Frame, and pick a place to save the frame (also make sure your settings are same as your project settings, like the frame size, etc.). Then go to File>Import>File and pick the frame. Now just drag in the frame clip into your timeline where you cut the clip with the Razor tool.

Another way of doing this is to scrub around to the frame you want to freeze on. Razor the head of that section (this will leave you with the target frame and some additional frames to the right of it). Then, with the timeline on that new razored section, right-click and select "Video Options," then choose "Frame Hold." You can tell it to hold on "In Frame"--from that time forward, as you drag the tail of that razored clip, the frame will hold for as long as you drag it out on the timeline (note: you won't notice it while you're dragging it across the timeline, only during subsequent scrubbing/playback).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back