Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I forward mail to a specified account

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFnet

Technical User
Sep 20, 2001
SB
I want all mail addressed to certain mailboxes forwarded or redirected automatically to a single specified account. I gather there is a facility called Inbox Assistant, but it does not show up on the Tools menu. Can anyone advise?

It's also called the "Out of the Office Assistant" depending on your Outlook version, and you can also do it via the Rules Wizard - and yes, they are off of the Tools menu - at least for every rev of Outlook that I've worked with.

If you have access to the Exchange Administrator program and can configure the Exchange server for your site, you could also setup delegates to receive copies of messages automatically.

Your choice, although I would advise research before commiting to an option, Chad Stiller, MCSE
Ramcom Technology
cds@ramcom.com

HI!

What version of Exchange do you use?
What is the purpose, are you trying to do Journaling of the emails?

In Exchange Administrator (ver 5.5), you can use the Mailbox Properties tabs to configure another mailbox to receive copy of messages as mentioned above.
However it is not called "Delegates" there but something else.
I think it is in the "Delivery" tab.

Delegates are configured with the Outlook client on the workstation.

There are other options, if you're looking for journaling:

Bye
Yizhar

Yizhar Hurwitz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back