Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I force a new Session? or know that I'm in a new Window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdevlin

Programmer
Aug 17, 2002
US
I have a problem where Data is being overwritten by the wrong record set. This is because of the way that We are persisting Recordsets. Recordsets are saved in a temporary Folder on the server (with a unique name based on login id), and have a unique name for each table, however, if a user opens more then one browser, then the same table/foldername combination is possible. I could make the file name unique, but I would have to change a lot of code, so I would like to force a user login each time the open a new window, whether its a brand new window, or a spawned window. That way I would have unique folder names. Any suggestions? I am Using VB6 for the server side App, and the Interface is a mixture of Serverside VBscript, clientside vbscript, clientside javascript and HTML.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back