Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I fire an add-in when document opened in word 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borgis

Programmer
Jun 22, 2001
GB
I have an URGENT requirement, that whenever a document is opened in Word an add-in is called.

I kind of know about add-ins, but don't know how to 'call' it whenever a document is opened in Word.

If anyone has any code examples, that would be GR8 :-D.

Cheers,

B

When you load a template or add-in, it remains loaded for the current Word session only. If you quit and then restart Word, the template or add-in is not automatically reloaded. To have a template or add-in available whenever you start Word, store the add-in or template in your startup folder. To locate or change your Startup setting, click Options on the Tools menu, and then click the File Locations tab.

Or .. add the add-in to the normal.dot template. [sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, excpect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC! - Marc
[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back