Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I find out what my SMTP Host address is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikevz

Programmer
Aug 1, 2001
US
I need to have a third party program email what problems occur. One of the things they ask for is the SMTP Host. Is there somewhere I can look for this? I've tried @domain.com, smtp@domain.com, mail@domain.com, "server name".

Thanks

The SMTP host is your 'Outgoing Mail Server' for your Internet Service Provider. If you already have a working e-mail account then you can get this info from your e-mail program. If you have Outlook Express, click on 'Tools', 'Accounts', click on the 'Mail' tab in the upper left of the window, click on your e-mail acount, click on 'Properties', then click on the 'Servers' tab in the upper left area, and look in the box that's labeled 'Outgoing mail(SMTP)'. Inside this box should be the name of the SMTP server.
If this doesn't help, you should contact your ISP and ask them what thier SMTP server name is.
If you are hosting your e-mail in-house then you need to talk to your mail admins for the info.
Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back