Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I find documentation for library functions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SepMan76

Technical User
Apr 5, 2001
US
OK... I seem to have a pretty good grasp of VB now... but I am a bit confused on how programmer's know how to DECLARE Subs and Functions, and know what the functions do.
For example, the user32.dll... how do I get the functions found in the library and what the functions do? kernal32.dll, etc.... I can find alot of code using these Libs but they still don't do what I want to do. If I can get documentation, I can write my own code, but I can't find any... please help... where can I find documentation?

Under The Add-in Menu Go to the Add-in Manager. Load The API Viewer. Then Under the Add-in menu open the API Viewer.
Open the text file you would like ie Win32API.txt. This will then list all the kernel32 etc functions as well as the constants etc. For Help on what they do and how to use them the MSDN library has quite a bit of info or if you are looking for a book Dan Appleman has a book Titled "Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to the Win32 API". Hope this helps Anything is possible, the problem is I only have one lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back