Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I find a public folder address

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotblacktar

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2002
US
I am using Exchange 5.5 on NT 4 sp6a.

The email server at my company has been under the administration of about 4 different admins and has seen a staff go from 20 to 200 back to 20 users over the course of a few years.
Over this period of time the Public folder structure has become a jungle full of folders and subfolders whose names make no sense or refer to departments long gone.
My problem is that people come to me with an address of a public folder (folder@company.com) and they want to know to which folder mail to this address goes.
I have done searches for mail recipients but that only searches the recipients container.
Is there a method for searching through Public Folders that will produce a list of public folders and a corresponding email address?

this might help you: in exchange admin, click on the recipients container. then go to View, Columns, and add in the email address column. once that's in place, go back to View again, and this time choose Hidden Recipients. All of your public folders should show up, including the email address column. Click on one of the public folders, do an Edit, Select All. Then do a File, Save Windows Contents, and save to a CSV file. You can then search this file for your email addresses...

That's what I am looking for, I found it. Thanks Brontosaurus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back