Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I filter on a Filtered Field....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modex

Programmer
Sep 15, 2002
GB
Hi All.

I wonder if anyone could help me with this little puzzler.

I have a form that lists a TV Transmission Dates, TV Series Title, A Season/Series No and Episode Numbers amongst others.

On each of the columns I can filter and sort however what I can’t do is seem to be able to filter on another filtered field.

For instance if I wanted to filter on the Date Column I would use something like this:-

Dim ab as string
ab = "[DATE] like '*" & [DATE] & "*'"
DoCmd.ApplyFilter , ab
Me.FilterOn = True
Me.DATE.SetFocus
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSortAscending

Now when I look at the screen I will only see records for the Date I have chosen.

If I perform another filter on say the [Series Title] , it will then ignore the date I have just filtered and give me a filter from ALL the records based on the [SERIES Title]. When, in Fact I would have liked the [Series Title] filtered, based on the previous date filter.

Am I making sense here.

If anyone can help, it would be very much appreciated

Cheers

ModeX

You have to play with the AND operator in your filter.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back