Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I execute an applet in JBuilder4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanSteve

Instructor
Sep 22, 2001
US
Hello Java JBuilder friend,
I created two simple files TryApplet.java and TryApplet.html to execute an Applet.

but when I attempt to run it in JBuilder4
if I right click on the TryApplet.html name and click on "run" I get an output window which says in the title bar
"Apple Viewer TryApplet.class"

and at the bottom of the output window it says
"start applet not initialized"

If I double click on the name TryApplet.html , I get a grey box !

What to do?
Thank you for your advice
Stan :)
dominskis@aol.com

sounds to me as though your html needs to be converted to the version of java that Jbuilder is using (probably 1.3.1?). Is your applet using any swing GUI components?
If it is you must download the html converter from the sun website, convert your html page, and then it should work properly.

If you are not using swing, well, not sure, give the above a go and see if it works, if it doesn't then I can help you no more.

regards

pipk ::)

I am trying to run Java Applets using swing components, so I downloaded the html converter from the Sun web site. Please tell me what does it mean to convert the html page ? I don't have a clue what to do !
StanSteve
Dominskis@aol.com

I don't have a copy here and so am doing this from memory.

ok, just run the converter, type in the name of the html file (including the path i think) you want to convert and hit go. when it runs it will tell you whether or not it has located your applet. once done. that is it, it takes less than one second, now when you open the html file through your browser, it should be able to run the applet.

if it doesn't work, make sure you have the correct html converter version for the version of java you are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back