Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I excude addresses to prevent spam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecoates

IS-IT--Management
Jan 27, 2002
CA
We just moved to Exchange 2000 and it's all quite new. How can I exclude one particular email address from spamming our companies mail boxes?
I know how to do it in Outlook but it would be great to exclude right at the exchange 2000 server.

BigErn

To reject inbound mail perform the following steps:
Create a filter based on the domain name by as follows.

1- In Exchange system Manager (ESM), and expand Global Settings.
2- Right click on the Message delivery and select Properties.
3- In the Filtering property page, Click the Add Command button.
4- Enter the user name or the domain name you like to reject mail from. For example, To reject all mail from a domain called (rejectme.com) Then type:
*@rejectme.com To reject mail from the HR department type:
*@HR.rejectme.com To reject mail from JohnF in HR department type:
JohnF@HR.rejectme.com
You can enter several domain names or e-mail
5- If you like to keep a copy of the rejected messages select the check box Archive Filtered Messages.
6- If you like to reject messages that has a blank FROM: Field (no sender's name) then select the "Filter Messages with Blank Sender" check box.
7- If you like to reject the messages without sending a Non-delivery reports (NDR) to the sender, select the
"Accept messages without notifying sender of filtering" checkbox. This will not inform the senders that their messages were not delivered.
8- Click OK.
9- Stop the Default SMTP Virtual Server.
10- Stop the SMTP service.
11- Start the SMTP service.
12- Start the Default SMTP Virtual Server. Note

1- To view the archived message refer to Q254767.
2- Old messages are not automatically removed from the archive. Consequently, archive files can occupy a very large disk space. Be sure to include the removal of old archive files in your maintenance plans. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back