Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Do I Ensure My Random Selection Selects New Records Each Time The Report is Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sange

Technical User
Jun 10, 2002
AU
I am currently using CRv10 and have developed a report that randomly selects 15% of offender files to be audited.

The requestor has asked for a few more additions and I'm not sure if this is possible.

First the report is to run quarterly however they would like to ensure the records returned each time are different over a Financial Year period. This means for instance if person 1234567 appears on the report when it runs on 01 July 2013 that same person cannot appear again for 12 months.

Ideally they would like the 15% of randomly selected files to be made up of the following: 60% high risk 20% moderate risk, 10% Low and 10% of files containing an order in a specific status ie. "Breach"

Each offender is allocated a risk.

Each order an offender is subject to is assigned a status eg. Current, Suspended, Breach. An offender can have more than one order.

Is all or some of this even possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back