Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I edit the login script in XP? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixiepoet

Technical User
Jul 25, 2002
US
I'm always afraid I am asking a stupid question, but here goes: How do I edit the login script in XP?

I want my PC to have the following code in the login script:

net use lpt1 \\ServerName\PrintQueue1
net use lpt2 \\ServerName\PrintQueue2

(I want to do this with 3 PC's on our network, because I want to print DOS-based applications on these printers using Windows XP)

WHERE CAN I FIND THE LOGIN SCRIPT SO I CAN PUT THIS LINE OF CODE IN?

I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Local Policy Group Editor. Run gpedit.msc. If you want a logon script for the machine, go to Computer Configuration|Windows Settings|Scripts|Startup (User Configuration|Windows Settings|Scripts|Logon for user). If you double click on entry then click on add button, you can supply a script (xxx.bat file). Default location (as you'll see by browsing) is \WINDOWS\system32\GroupPolicy\Machine\Scripts\Startup. So if you save your batch file (as eg map.bat) in there, then select that in gpedit.msc when you go to add, that should do you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back