Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Do I Do a Data Recovery from HP MD1000H Simple Save hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

NavyTech

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2013
US
My customer had a Hp SimpleSave MD1000h external hard drive. it got knocked down and the usb port got damaged. When we removed the hard drive from the enclosure and hook it up to the computer using a SATA to USB adapter the computer did not see any partitions on the drive. I have found out that there is a chip on the controller card of the simple save that encrypts everything on the hard drive as it is being written to the hard drive. This is not an optional feature you can turn on or off. I have gotten my hands on a new MD1000I the usb connection is different so I am not sure if the the controller from the MD1000I will work to read the data from the MD1000H. Does anyone know if they are compatable? Has anyone come across these hard drives and had to do a data recovery? If so how did you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back