Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I divide a report by the total of a group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosy1

Technical User
Aug 6, 2003
US
I have created a report that contains activity on patients. I have created a Group using the patient's number. This report needs to be sent to another department, but that department does not want more than 50 patients on the report. Therefore I need to create a second report with the next 50 patients. The number of patients can vary each day. So I was trying to write a formula that would create a new page every 50 patients. So far I have had no luck. In the details of the report I have suppressed the patient's number and only print the patient's number in the Group. So I only want a count of the Group. Any suggestions?

What version of Crystal? Correct answers vary by version.

Format the group footer section. Click the X2 button to the right of the "new page after" checkbox, and enter a formula:

Remainder(groupnumber,50)=0

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Sorry I didn't include it. It is version 9.

Thanks... Rosy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back