Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I display RTF fields?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirksm

Programmer
Mar 14, 2002
GB
Hi All.

I've got a DB2 database with a LONG VARCHAR field, which I use to store rich-text. I link MS Access to this database to create reports. My problem is that the reports displays the field exactly the way it is stored. If you look at rich text, you'll see that all the formatting is stored with the text, for example, if you have a string &quot;This is my text&quot; as bold, italic and in Arial font, you might get something like &quot;<bold%><%italic%><%Arial%> This is my text <p>&quot;. How do I get Access to interpret the string as rich text so it doesn't display all the formatting characters?
I would like to keep the formatting if possible, but it is not that important that the formatting has to be preserved, i.e. if the text is not displayed as bold, italic and in Arial, that is still fine, as long as I can just display the text itself in the report.

Can anybody help me??

try do make a table with an Ole-object record, insert into a Wordpad.Document (or Word.Document)
1.use VBA to insert your RTF text
2.make temporary RTF files with your text, and insert a Wordpad.Document created form your temp file

PS. i'm not an ace of VBA .... look into VBAWRD8.HLP (located somewhere into your Office dir.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back