Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I disable the AGP slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aputorek

MIS
Apr 18, 2003
US
I have a Compaq DeskPro EN series with an AGP slot. The slot is bad and I want to put a PCI video card in the PC. However, when I do, I get the beep code for no video and I get no video and the system goes no farther in the boot process. If I remove the PCI video card it boots fine but I still have to deal with the defective AGP slot which gives me bad colors and inconsistent flicker no matter what card is in that slot. There is nothing in the BIOS that jumps out at me as a way to disable the AGP, any suggestions or help would be great.

what about a BIOS function that goes something like "PCI video card"? have you looked for that?

Yes I have looked for that and there is no such option. There are options for PCI, but none relating to video. There is an option for other under the PCI configuration section, but it onlys me to change the IRQ that is used. I tried making changes to that option but nothing worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back