Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I created a linked server within SQL Server 2000 to MAS90 data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denorton

Programmer
Aug 7, 2006
US
I am trying to create a linked server in SQL Server 2000 to MAS90. I have created a silent connect dsn as described in the MAS90 and MAS 200 Crystal Reports Manual. I created a linked server using that dsn and when I expand the node for that linked server in Enterprise manager and click on Tables it lists all the MAS90 tables which leads me to believe that the linked server is working. But when I try to run a select query using the linked server I keep getting the following error:

OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' reported an error.
[OLE/DB provider returned message: [ProvideX][ODBC Driver][FILEIO]Physical File is not accessible]
OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'MSDASQL' ICommandPrepare::prepare returned 0x80004005: ].

I get the same error when I try to execute either of the following queries:

SELECT * FROM MAS90TEST...GL5_DetailPosting
SELECT * FROM OPENQUERY(MAS90test, 'SELECT * FROM GL5_DetailPosting')

Any information that might help is appreciated.

Unfortunately not. I finished the project I was working on by setting up a DTS package on the SQL server that just dumps all the data from the MAS90 table into a table on the SQL server and scheduled that to run every 30 minutes. Not a very good solution but I couldn't afford to spend any more time on it.

Derek Norton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back