Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Do I Create Word Headers in VBA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaz8896

Programmer
Dec 20, 2001
US
Hi Everybody,

I'm writing several macros in VBA that insert different documents in each one to form a template for our letters. I'm trying to find out how to create headers programmably through VBA. The reason I need to do it this way is because, when the user clicks the button on the toolbar that has the macro linked to it, they are prompted to enter a number. Weather it be a quote number, po number, job number and so on. I store the number in a string variable and I need to display it in the header of every page along with the page number under it. If anyone knows of a way to do this through VBA I would greatly appriciate it if you could post some code that would help me. Thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely,
Derek
kaz5456@aol.com

dear derek,

in the headers you enter the following field function (in German it is Feldfunktion) via insert field

DOCVARIABLE "hugo" \* MERGEFORMAT

you can add docvariables via
ThisDocument.Variables.Add "hugo"

and you can assign values to it via

ThisDocument.Variables.Item("hugo") = "upps"

HTH

regards Astrid

Dear Astrid

I tried the code samples that you gave me and I could not get them to work. If you have the time could you please check if there was possible a syntax error with the code you gave me. If you can find a problem I would be very greatful if you could post the revised code. If not, well then I guess I'm S.O.L. Thank you very much for help.

Sincerely,
Derek

Dear Derek,

I created the code via copy and paste so I am very sure it works.

Please tell me what your problems look like?

regards Astrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back