Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I create an Unattended win2k CD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Dec 12, 2002
GB
Hello, I regulary format my PC, but I hate the long process of installing WIn2k, how can I create a win2k unattended CD? I have the product key, user accounts (me and my girlfirends and passwords), nvidia graphic drivers, sound drivers. Is it also possible to add a few programs?

Hope you can help.

WA

what would be better would be norton ghost.
You can use it to create an backup image of your windows partition after you've installed all your drivers and basically setup to a point b4 you start loading tonnes of software

when you have to reinstall you just reload your ghost image having booted from floppy and voila - windows is back in around 10 mins or less depending on the speed of your system.

it's best to do it b4 software is loaded cos then your image wont be too huge. it might even fit on a cd. ghost will read ntfs drives no problem.

check out:

trust me, when you've got the hang of this you'll love it :) ===============
Security Forums

You may wish to review these other w2k-pro threads:

w2k "unattend.txt" (aka:"Answer File") OPTIONS LIST
thread616-451837

Single Click Install
thread616-458391

Good Luck !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search