Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I create an automatic multiplication in a combo box

Status
Not open for further replies.

leifoet

Technical User
Jan 31, 2016
BE
In a MS Access table i will update the following two fields :
=> an input field called NUMBER => to fill in a selection (=number) from a list box (see below)
=> a field called AMOUNT in which automatically (the entered NUMBER * x) is (should be) calculated => the result should be displayed in this AMOUNT-field

My tryouts did not work.
How can I make this calculations work - how to input this in my code ?
Thanks for tips - Leifoet

My code
<tr>
<td><b>Number_2016<b></b></td>
<td width="353">

<SELECT name="Number_2016" style="font-size:13px; color:#0000FF; text-align:right; background-color:#E0FFFF;">
<OPTION SELECTED value="<%=rsTEST("team1")%>" style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;
font-size:12px; color:#0000FF; text-align:left; background-color:#FFFAFA;"><%=rsTEST("Number_2016")%></option>
<option value=0 style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:12px; color:#FF1616;">0</option>
<option value=1 style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:12px; color:#0000FF;">1</option>
<option value=2 style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:12px; color:#0000FF;">2</option>
<option value=3 style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:12px; color:#0000FF;">3</option>
.... up to 100
[indent</select><br>
</td></tr>

<tr>
<td height="26"><b>Amount_2016</b></td>
<td height="26" width="353">
<INPUT TYPE="number" size="12" value="<%=rsFOCOTEST("Amount_2016")%>" NAME="Amount" onFocus="blur()" style="font-weight:bold; font-family:arial,sans-serif;
font-size:12px; color:#0000FF; text-align:right;"><font size="1" color="black">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;(niet wijzigen)</td>

</tr>

How can I make this calculations work?

By using forum216 not ASP.

ASP code runs before the HTML is served to the user agent

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

By the way there is no 'TYPE="number" ' in HTML UNLESS your document type (DTD) is set to HTML5.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back