Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do i create a smiple login interface(oracle forms)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chilizo

Technical User
Sep 18, 2005
NA
Hi all,
Listen i have a table with userid and password fields,i'd like to create a simple login interface on which users will supply their id and password.i would then like to search for the user in the table if login is correct they are given access to another form say form2 if not then an error message pops up.I've searched the threads and have only seen how to do this with ms access pls help with oracle forms.
Thanx
chilzo

Why do you need to search for the user in a table? The form would have to be logged in to do that, but this is a 'login' form. You could have an anonymous login behind the scenes, but it would be far easier to trap the login error generated by forms.

Hi...ok lemme explain a little further i'm creating a small application that allows a specific group of people to answer questions in a survey.Therefore i'm logging in the form(as you put it above) but would like to create a whole new form altogether for the users to log in(which of course will also be "logged in").(i'm kinda new to oracle so hope i understood what you're trying to say)

Your login form would log itself into the database. You would need to use the logon built-in and on-logon trigger to acheive this.

Once logged in, your form would be a simple affair, whereby users could be validated against a table. On successful login, use NEW_FORM to call a new form. On failure, pop-up your own alert containing a suitable error message.

Thanx that seems to have worked but know i got another problem,i want users to be able to select only one choice out of five but these are not predefined such as yes or no..they can vary....as such i'm storing them as unique records as such can not use radio buttons...is there anything else i can use to make sure a user selects only one answer?

Use a drop-down list that is populated when the form runs. Look at CREATE_GROUP, CREATE_GROUP_FROM_QUERY, POPULATE_LIST or POPULATE_LIST_WITH_QUERY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back