Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I create a PTD (cumulative) total from a monthly sum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skipjakk

Technical User
Feb 25, 2002
US
Hi, kinda stuck here, I have a monthly total in a report that I want to also use to calculate a cumulative sum, or PTD total. The catch is I only want to pull 4 months of data, even though the PTD is over a 12 month period. I've tried to provide an example below:

April May June July
Sales Month 100 150 50 50
PTD Sales 850 1000 1050 1100

I'm not very well versed in SQL, so if anyone could explain in basic BO terminology. I've tried to create a subquery that does a runningsum on all 12 months and then only pulls the months that are in the main query (April-July), but not having much luck doing this, it keeps adding all 12 months to my main query......

This is not a SQL problem. You need to retrieve all the months. Then filter the report so that only the 4 are shown. Use a RunningSum in BO, but use the NoFilter function with it so that the total is correct.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back