Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do i create a database for a business using VB6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aamin

Programmer
Oct 2, 2002
CA
I need assiatance in developing a program for a friend of mine. She plans weddings and events and she needs a program that allows her to add customer profiles(Name, address, etc.), keep track of orders made by each customer, be able to analyze accounting info, and print invoices. I know that i need to develop a database and i would like try it using VB6. I tried using the application wizard but i'm totally lost...If anybody can help i would apprieciate it...thx

There are MANY ways you can do this. You can use a plain text file with a common delimeter (or however you spell it), a spreadsheet, access, SQL....My recomendation is to look into microsoft's SQL server. You should be able to find plenty of documentation searching google or the like. Rob
"Programming is like art...It makes me feel like chopping my ear off."

- Currently down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back