Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I create a custom form without losing the original layout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanx

Programmer
Jul 10, 2001
US
I have Outlook 2003 running on a windows 2000 machine.

I simply try to design a custom “contacts” form in outlook by going to TOOLS > FORMS > DESIGN A FORM... and choosing "CONTACTS" . However, the layout then changes and I lose some buttons. It is as if it reverts to an older layout of outlook. I would have to do a bunch of redesign to have it look like the Contacts layout of Outlook 2003.

I simply want to edit the layout of the the CONTACTS card in Outlook and add a new field keeping the original layout of a MS Outlook 2003 contact card. I would appreciate any advice or solution to this problem.

jonathanx,
Try creating a new contact. With the blank contact on the screen go to Tools, Forms, Design This Form. Then after making your modifications go to Tools, Publish Form As...

Hope this helps.

bkpchs237,

When I do exactly that, the form reverts back to an older style outlook contacts layout. I really want to keep the exact same contacts layout of MS Office 2003.

Thanx for the tips though.

-J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back