Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I create a culative count in excel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciscoric

IS-IT--Management
Jan 20, 2003
US
We have a production summary report that needs to keep a daily count of what was produced on each job.
The excel sheet has a column with the number of pieces produced today, and a column with the total number of pieces produced. We want to be able to enter the number produced today in the number of pieces produced today cell, and have that update the total pieces cell with a running sum.

Thanks for any help on this and let me know if you need more clarification.

Ric Johnson

If your current data is in calls B2 to B75 then the formula would be =sum($B$2:B75)

Member- AAAA Association Against Acronym Abusers

xlhelp,

Thank you for the quick reply. Actually the daily count data would always be in the B2 cell and the total would always be in the C2 cell.
Example:

Monday's entry would be:
A B C
1 Job# Total Daily Total Count
2 12163 1,000 1,000

Tuesday's entry would be:
A B C
1 Job# Total Daily Total Count
2 12163 2,000 3,000

Would would like to enter the data into the same cell every day and automatically accumulate the running total.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction xlhelp.

The daily totals have to come from somewhere. If you have this data in a table along with the related date, then SUMPRODUCT functions in B2 & C2 could give you these totals as you vary the date and presumably the Job#...
[tt]
B2: =sumproduct((Job=A2)*(RunDate=SelectDate)*(ProducedQty))
C2: =sumproduct((Job=A2)*(ProducedQty))
[/tt]
assuming that the appropriate Named Range names are used.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back