Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I create a 'batch' Auto Adjust Levels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

studioman

Technical User
Apr 15, 2005
GB
Hi,

I quite often need to process digital photo's on CD ROM. By which I mean I am asked to duplicate CDs with sometimes hundreds of pics on.

In doing so I notice that the original pictures are invariably poor colour and brightness. When I apply an Image Adjust Auto levels function the picture is wonderfully transformed as to how it should look.

If I spend time on each individual photo it takes ages to do and no longer is cost effective.

I like to keep the client happy and so............... is there a way I can create a 'droplet' or 'batch' or indeed anything that will allow me to apply Auto Levels or Auto Contrast to say, 200 images at a time? I am using Photoshop 6.1 at present.

many thanks Chris

Record an actio, to do this....

Open an image that needs to be adjusted

Go to the actions menu, and click the new icon, it will prompt you to create a new action.

It will then start recording, do what ever you want to do to the image

Now stop recording the image

In your case You can now tell it to do a batch command and it will automatically fix the photos, I do suggest that you tell it to leave the files open, as resaving them as jpgs, will make them loose some quality, but it might be neligable.

Chad

Yoderman94.com

Chad - spot on - exactly what I wanted!!

In the meantime I bought Mediachance DCE which does batch stuff but nowhere near as good as PShop.

BTW are there any other Action templates that I can download from anywhere??

thanks Chris

I'm pretty sure there are some general actions when the program is installed. And, as yoderman94 says - you can create your own sets/actions. Look for default actions.

Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back