Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I copy the DTS package 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

seaport

MIS
Jan 5, 2000
US
I am working on a complicated DTS package to transform data. Certainly I am working on a testing server since I do not want to interrupt the production server. However, I do not know how to copy the DTS package to the production server after the DTS package on the testing server is done. Do I have to redo the whole process of building a DTS package on the production server?

By the way, I know I can save DTS package as a VB file or a meta data package. What are those "saving" function for? Can I load these packages to anther server?

Thanks in advance.

Seaport

you can save as a structured storage file, this will save on a hard drive and can then be moved about on a floppy or something between computers.

To load it on the live computer from enterprise manager right click on the data transformation services folder and chose open, then save to sql server.

If the computers are linked then you can simply save to the other computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back