Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I copy profile info to samba

Status
Not open for further replies.

colpaarm

Programmer
Jun 30, 2003
US
I finally got samba working as a pdc on rh 9.0 and samba 2.2.7a. However, we currently run an nt domain and everybody has their client machines set up just so. How do I copy everyone's desktop settings, outlook setup, etc., so that when they log into the new samba domain their desktop looks and functions exactly as before.

I am trying to do the same thing, did you have any luck with this??
Thanks
ev

You would have to logon as a domain admin or local admin on the user's PC and copy the local profile to the Samba server (if you want to house user profiles here)
You can use pdbedit to set the user's profile to point to the new server location.
If you want to leave the profile on the local PC, you could copy the profile to that of All Users

Housing it on the server would be a better idea in the long run as the user could work on any PC and have all his/her settings....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back