Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I convert Access 97 to Access 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2002
US
I have an application that someone created in Access 97 that I need to convert to Access 2000. I get a complie error when I bring it into 2000. Someone told me that it's because we do not have a reference library in 2000. Is there a way to automate the conversion? Microsoft can't have left us completely high and dry could they?

The usual problem with reference libraries is with Access 2000 not recognising DAO code written in A 97.

The way around this is to open the code window in the A2K version, go to Tools, Referencies, scroll down to Microsoft DAO3.6 library and put a check in the box. Then move this library as far up the list as you can.

Usually this does the trick. If you are unlucky you may need to go through your code and be more specific with some of the references eg changing Dim rst As Recordset to Dim rst As DAO.Recordset etc.

HTH Nigel
Didn't someone say work is supposed to be fun? They didn't have computers then I guess....

mrfixa has the right idea. Once you have checked the DAO in 'references' in 'Tools' you need to check code and do a control F with database and recordset as find words. Find
all of them in your whole project with 'DAO.' in the clipboard and do a control V to add it to each.

Rollie E

Thanks for the suggestions. I had to change some of the code to DAO.Recordset but it's working. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back