Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I continue next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansonng

MIS
Feb 16, 2003
AU
Hi All, I am trying to setup a squid proxy server here but I know nothing about linux. This is what i've done.

I have setup redhat 9, installed wedmin rpm so that it may help me configure this easier, installed squid but didnt do any configuration as i dont know how. Also, i have installed 2 nic card in the server too. i am thinking of putting this server in between my router and hub, which is something like 192.168.1.2 connect to router and 192.168.0.2 connect to hub. Struggling badly to get the proxy up. Can someone teach me how? I did read the documentation already in case you wanted to point me to another one, I just dont understand all thesee... :(

Thanks in advance!

i suggest you would read this thread

thread54-654034

may be you can ask google too.

In squid.conf, look for this line...

acl CONNECT method CONNECT

...and add something like this below it...

acl mynetwork src 192.168.0.0/24

Now search for where it says "INSERT YOUR OWN RULE(S) HERE" and add the following line below the localhost acl...

http_access allow mynetwork

ChrisP
RHCE, LPIC-1, CCNA, CNE, MCSE, +10 others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back