Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Do I connect to internet ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

gee001

Programmer
Jul 31, 2002
ZM
I had problems with windows XP, so i used a CD to repair. The system on restart asked me to activate windows XP. The computer was originally not on internet. So i tried to set it on to the internet but can't get the options for internet setting.

Please help !!

Are you wanting to use a regular modem or a DSL/Cable modem? Jennifer Sigman
STILL unemployed...

Actually i have a direct connection to the ISP through a hub which is shared by other computers. I would like to connect this particular computer using XP, but how can i assign an IP address or include settings when am being asked to activate XP first !

Thanx for your attention

Disregard the activation warning for now. It will pop up every now and then. Get your computer up and running correctly first then worry about activation. You have 30 days for that

I phoned for a code number which i entered. Windows XP has activated but the icons on the desktop are not responding.

???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back