Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I connect com1 port ? in foxpro 2.6 dos

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfernand1

Programmer
Aug 14, 2002
US
I need read the com1 port, how do I do that ?
please with examples

Manuel Fernandez

If you are running under DOS, you can use the low-level IO routines for many COM port communications. (See help file for FOPEN(), FREAD(), FWRITE(), etc. and I believe there are some samples using modems in the GOODIES sample code directory.) If you are running under Windows - especially NT/2000/XP which don't allow direct access to the hardware, these routines may not work for COM ports.

Rick

What do you need to read Manuel? Modem, test equipment, scales??
I have a program called WinWedge that I am presently testing with scales.
Ken F

I'm try to read a bar code unit (for personal systems) is a long history, now I've the unit without software....
I'm shure it's possible

Manuel Fernandez
Lima, Peru

I think WinWedge would do it. It even has an analize mode that lets you see what the bar code reader is sending.
The problem is that this software costs a couple of hundred US$ (A brand new bar code scanner with a built in wedge (plugs into the keyboard port) can be had around US$150 new or $50 or so on ebay/sold.com.
Serial scanners are a little outdated these days.
Ken F

You don't mention what operating software you are using but this might be of interest.

We have serial Barcode scanners and after reloading Windows 98 SE on a machines, I had to turn the Power-Saving off for the ports in the windows registry as it wasn't turning the ports back on when DOS tried to use them (I would tell you the settings but I can't find the FAQ on Microsoft's site!). This is probably the same for most recent versions of Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back