Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I connect a bell to the Partner ACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

hankg

Programmer
Jan 24, 2007
US
Good Morning Gang,

I have a situation with a Partner ACS install. Here is the kicker- I install a 5x9 P/ACS at a customer site that has an existing bell in their warehouse. the bell worked off their old system but i tried to connect it to partner system it does not work. the bell is powered by an adapter that was drawn from the old system. Here is how I connected the bell to the partner.

I daisy chained the bell to one of the extentions of the phone system, the moment I did that, bell begin to ring and would not stop. so I like to know where did I went wrong or how do you do this? Pls. Help..... customer is mad by now because his warehouse workers can not here the phone ringing because of the noise in the plant.

The old bell operated off of 48VDC provided by a relay in the old control unit.

Either replace the bell, or get a 90VAC relay and a power supply for the old bell.

Thanks for the pointer-but I have already tried that to no avail

Is there any other way I can do this?

I also have three overhead paging unit- is ther a way I have ring over the overhead pagers?

Hang

Does your amp or paging interface have that option?? List the equipment being used, maybe it can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back