Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I confirm MAPI when using SendObject for Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tfrank

Technical User
Jun 19, 2001
US
I have a data base that is a runtime version of Access 97 that is installed on many different types of machines, all have O/S from Windows 98Se to XP Pro. I have a form that easily allows the users to select email addresses and then send reports out all with the click of a button. In my code I am using the SendObject method of sending out the email. On many many machines the proccess works great, but I also have quite a few machines where Access locks up or provides error messsages. The issue seems to be with how the MAPI is setup on the users machine. Does any body have a good source they can point me in that explains how to confirm MAPI settings on Windows machines, or is there a better way to do this. I do now want to be locked into only Outlook as a solution.

Thanks in advance for the help,
Tfrank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back