Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I configure the open file agent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

backlund

Technical User
Nov 30, 2004
US
I can't seem to figure out this thing, so any help is appreciated. I understand that you have to pick the folders/files where the file agent sould be run. Why not just choose the root of c:, so that all files would be used by the agent?

Also, what values should I use for configuring? Also, the logs for the backup agent for open files don't seem to get backed up. Not that they're really necessary, but it would be nice to see the full backups come up complete, rather than incomplete.

Help!!

Nope, generally it just does stuff without any configuration. What version/build are you using on what OS/Service Pack? and are any files other than the OFA logs being flagged?

we are using the 11.5 version. My OFA logs are not backing up, as well as things like the wins log, or the dhcp log.

You could try creating a filegroup for these specific files and change the write inactivity period to 1 second.

The OFA manual shows how to do this - it's fairly straightforward. For the OFA logs - I would just either ignore em, or put a filter pattern on the \log directory.

We received the oem edition of the ofa (and all of the arc serve suite) and because of which, we don't have the manuals. What is a filter pattern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back