Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I configure ExecutionLocation ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnem

MIS
Apr 6, 2003
AU
Dear Listers,

I am a SQL DBA and do not often come into contact with AS. The following is posted in an endeavour to resolve a recent developer issue. He is seeking assistance to find the means to configure PivotTable Service properties:

I have built cubes (using Analysis Services) that are accessed via a Crystal Analysis client. I'd like to get any generated MDX queries to be executed on the server, instead of the client which currently seems to be taking a lot of the processing load.
I've read documentation that alludes to being able to manipulate some connection properties in PivotTable Service to provide a direct means of controlling location of processing of MDX queries.
One source recommends adjusting the value of the OLE DB property ExecutionLocation, but haven't found any concrete examples on how this should be done. The PivotTable Service itself appears only to have a programmatic interface. Is there a means of specifying this behaviour in any of the tools used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back