Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I config ethernet for TCP/IP and IEEE 802.3 (et0 driver)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tllintx

Programmer
Aug 7, 2000
US
Help! <br><br>We have one LAN hardware interface. However, the way I understand AIX is it creates two interfaces for this hardware device. the en0 and et0 drivers. the en0 driver is used for TCP/IP communications. I've already assigned an IP address to this interface, we have code that creates sockets, and this all seems to work great. Yet, we also need to communicate link level. I know the et0 interface is configured IEEE 802.3 so it should&nbsp;&nbsp;support link level. I thought all we needed to do was open(&quot;/dev/et0&quot;...). But there is no et0 device under the /dev directory. So I don't know what I'm doing wrong and how to proceed. Do I need to further config the et0 interface? Any suggestions on how to make our link level work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back