Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I compile a C# file using Visual Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

CdnRebel

Programmer
Apr 5, 2003
CA
I am new to asp.net, C# and Visual Studio. I've updated an existing website, made all the coding changes and found out that I've been working with C# and that they need compiling. I do not have an IIS server attached to my computer. I do not have a registered version of Windows XP on my computer so I do not have access on my computer.

When I open the folder with my website on my desktop, I get a warning message about files being created in an older version and that they would be converted irreversibly. So when I go ahead with the conversion, my .csproj and .csproj.webinfo files disappear and my .sln file is written over. Should that be happening?

When I right click on the .cs file that I want compiled and click on Build Page, it asks if I want the website folder name.sln saved as UTF-8 Solution File (*.sln)and saved in the website folder. I don't know how to proceed and I don't understand the instructions given with Visual Studio 2005.

This is a C forum.
You should be asking this in the C#(C sharp): Microsoft forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back